Links of interest for musculoskeletal pain conditions
Information resource for those who suffer with back pain, spinal arthritis, headaches, fibromyalgia and topics of similar interest, wishing to improve the quality of their lives:
Neck, Back and Spinal Pain
- Laser Spine Institute – Premier group specializing in minimally invasive endoscopic procedures are the effective alternative to open neck or back surgery.
- North American Spine Society – Non-profit medical society focused on improving spine medicine through advocacy, research and education, includes patient information on spine disorders.
- Spine Universe – Source of quality, doctor-written information on spine health.
- World Spine Care – Multinational, charitable, non-profit organization consisting of health care professionals who provide high quality, evidence-based, culturally integrated prevention, assessment, treatment and community service related to the spine.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Interesting to look behind the scenes of orthopedic surgery procedures and topics related to spinal disorders.
- Orthopedics-About – Wide and interesting discussions about all types of orthopedic health problems and medical treatment.
- Arthritis Today – Source of wide variety of information about diagnosis, treatment and dealing with all forms of arthritis.
- Center for Disease Control – Arthritis – The CDC Arthritis Program works to improve the quality of life for people affected by arthritis and other rheumatic conditions, to increase awareness about appropriate arthritis self management activities.
- Arthritis Foundation – The Arthritis Foundation is the largest national nonprofit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions.
- New York Times – Health – The most respected newspaper in the U.S. offers a massive amount of health information including all those important to spinal pain and soft tissue disorders.
Health Science information
- Prevention Magazine – Well respected source of information about healthy living and natural health care topics.
- Science Daily – Online magazine that provides news about the latest discoveries and hottest research projects in everything from astrophysics to zoology, with heavy emphasis on health and wellbeing issues.
- Science Magazine – Online magazine that offers diverse education in all areas of general science and health.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – The Department of Health and Human Services is the principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans; a warehouse of helpful information about all subjects related to back and neck pain.
- Wikipedia – hugely popular site to search for in-depth and well written information by world authorities concerning any health or sickness topic.
- Family Doctor – Website that uses large print and makes locating your topics of interest easy. Spanish language. All types of back pain, and arthritis topics covered.
- Mayo Clinic – Find information on hundreds of conditions. Check your symptoms. Improve your lifestyle.
- MedHelp – Touts itself as the world’s largest medical help community, in-depth coverage of topics like arthritis, headaches, spinal stenosis, low back pain and much more.
- WebMD – Huge website displaying health news and feature topics to answer back and neck pain, headache and fibromyalgia questions.
- Health – News and views on healthy living and conditions related to muscle, joint and soft tissue disorders, along with diet and prevention strategies.
- National Institutes of Health – U.S. government website that is data base for solid patient education about all health topics.
- American Chiropractic Association – The voice of the chiropractic profession explaining non-drug and non-surgical care of musculoskeletal conditions and prevention.
- HealthFinder.gov – U.S. government site that states, “Health topics A to Z.”
- American Association for the Advancement of Science – An international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science around the world by serving as an educator, leader, spokesperson and professional association.
Headaches and Migraines
- National Headache Foundation – The world’s largest voluntary organization for the support of individuals with all types of headaches.
- WebMD Headaches and Migraine Information – Information about headache and migraine news, references, community and Q/A for all types of head pain issues.
- American Migraine Foundation – The American Migraine Foundation was founded by The American Headache Society to support innovative migraine research to help improve the lives of those who suffer with migraines.
- Partners Against Pain – Extensive list of pain management resources and help to find the information you need to care for your pain.
- The American Chronic Pain Association – Provides support and education in pain management for people with pain, family, friends, and health care professionals.
- National Fibromyalgia Association – Serving and supporting the fibromyalgia community with information, programs and advocacy.